COVID-19 RESPONSE: Please note that all initial sessions are virtual and you will be sent a zoom link. As restrictions tighten and loosen we may accommodate in person visits on a case-by-case basis. A link will be sent to you for zoom virtual sessions prior to your appointment.
Consultation is generally available in office, at home, at school, or in the community. Please note to measures taken due to managing COVID-19, currently all sessions occur using telepsychology methods.
Some areas you might come to us for help with include (but are not limited to):
- Assessment for autism spectrum disorder
- ABA/EIBI (early intensive behavioral intervention) for children with autism
- Self-injurious behaviour
- Aggression to others
- Property destruction
- Repetitive/ritualistic/compulsive behaviours
- Food refusal and picky eating
- Positive parenting/parenting skills
- Desensitization/exposure to various environmental difficulties
- Social skills training
- Safety skills training
- Transition planning
- Skills assessment
- Program/IEP review
- Verbal behaviour skills
- Functional/daily living skills
- Sleep disorders and sleep problems in children
- Rapid toilet training (using Azrin & Foxx’s “toilet training in less than a day”)
- Other problem behaviours
- Sport psychology – performance enhancing consulting
- Sport psychology – mental prep/toughness
- Staff or support training
- Workshops and training
Services can be tailored to individuals with and without developmental disabilities and autism or other psychiatric disorders (e.g., ASD, FASD, ADHD).
Workshops on a variety of topics are available upon request.